Saturday, June 18, 2011

Once Upon A Time There Was You...

When I first gave my life to God, at the age of 13. I heard God speak to me while I prayed for His will to be done in my life. He said " I will give you a great husband." That was enough for me to cut my prayer short and hide. It was so real though, so awesome so... random.

I was thirteen. 13. 1-3. I was not thinking of a husband or ANY guy at all. I just wanted to do God's will and there he went having to jumble up my brain and send me sprinting under my bed. He's amazing like that.

As the years rolled by and I became old enough to date, God's promise to me seemed like a distant memory that was quickly fading away. Mainly due to my lack of faith.

I was about 18 when I felt compelled to really pray for God's will in my life once more {I had taken a bit of  a detour} and around my 19 th birthday I began a cat and mouse game with an ever so tenacious boy.

You see, my mind was set in finding God's will and I was finally on the right path again when this.. this guy was trying to distract me by being all sweet, and kind an thoughtful and persistent. I really wanted him gone. Seriously. I tried every trick in the book. Being mean was just not mean enough for this one.

It's been over 7 years since I became his "official girlfriend" and I have to say I'm really glad he didn't give up. I mean, one could only take so much rejection. But this one, he definitely pursued and won me over.

When I finally understood God's will for me {DUH!} I found myself head over heels in-love with this ever so persuasive young man and ready to walk down the isle and give him the rest of my years. 5 years later we expected our first born and now 6.5 years in I find myself loving him as much as he knew I could/should be loving him and then some.

Honey, I know you're reading this {thanks for not peeking} I just have to remind you how great you are. God kept his promise. I didn't understand it then and I could hardly believe it now. You are my blessing. The rock I need when I feel I'm about to crumble, the organizer of my thoughts when even I don't know what I'm trying to say, my funny clown that can always make me "LOL" even when I don't feel like it and you are my most reliable best friend- my soul mate!

This past year has been one of our roughest. But, as with any challenge that comes your way you took it by the horns and never give up. Thank you.

When I see you with our baby girl you light up the darkest corner of my heart. You ease and erase any fear or doubt I've ever had about there being any upright and good men left in this world. Great men. Men of God.

You are a great provider and the hardest working person I know. You are responsible and super smart. I couldn't compare you to anyone. I love and admire you. I always have. You are, in one sense, my hero. My knight in shining armor. My life wasn't or ever would be complete without you... can you imagine what you mean to our baby girl?

Thank you for all you've ever done and always do for us. I appreciate you beyond words. Te amo!
 HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!















2 comments:

  1. Brenda this is so beautiful and special! Joey is truly a wonderful man of God, husband,father and friend to many. Thank you for writing this, it is so heartfelt, God bless u guys.... much love, J-me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I agree! He is very special.

    Thanks for commenting I really love reading comments <3

    Love ya back!

    ReplyDelete