Thursday, June 23, 2011

A year ago...

*A year ago tonight we were in the hospital awaiting to meet the one person responsible for giving me a greater reason to live. In every way she has compelled me to be a greater person. There isn't one day that I don't worry, pray or work on being better.
mommy mammoth and  concerned daddy

I often just admire her while she's playing. I see a lot of her father in her, dashes of her nana, a bit of my sister and a sprinkle of me but, she is herself. In every way she is wonderfully different. However, our similarities catch me by surprise. Let's just say she has my temperament- easy going till you "mess things up" then quickly recovers if you apologize/fix the issue promptly.

If you've read any of my earlier post you will notice my struggle and exaggerated fear of her growing up too fast and "leaving" me. Although I know this won't happen in a year or two there is a bit of this outlandish fear that feels so real.

In the past 2 months she has learned how to walk, say the word "mas", points to objects she wants, plays well with other children and is simply communicating. She's growing up whether I approve or not. There is no stopping her and that, my dear friends, is a hard thing to accept.

This year was an uphill victory. God has been gracious to keep her relatively healthy and simply beautiful. God has obviously blessed us with a wonderful daughter and me with an amazing husband, family and a few choice friends that I have been able to rely on.

Without God, family and friends I would still be looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. I thank you all for everything you have done. Nothing has gone un-noticed or unappreciated. I pray for you daily and sincerely thank God for you. It's true what they say: "It takes a village".

I will end this post before I completely bawl.

Happy First Birthday Baby girl. I can't wait to see what wonderful moments we'll share next!

                                           


Before you were born

I’d never have guessed

Such a wonderful daughter

That I would be blessed

As you are little

I watch you play

You smile at me

In your own cute way

My heart is filled

With my love for you

Without you I’d wonder

What would I do

And as you grow up

I watch you with pride

Happy am I with

You at my side

To me a blessing

You will always be

So much I love you

I hope this you see

{Unknown}

Click photo for a listen...

3 comments:

  1. Wow...so beautifully said. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Enjoyed reading this. AND Happy First Birthday to beautiful Elisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jessica. It was indeed a beautiful first birthday for my beautiful girl <3

    @npmathews love you right back!!

    ReplyDelete