Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The new and the older...

My attempt at walking at about 11 months old in Honduras




It's been a busy month already. I have so many new things happening. These 'things' are exciting and will take some time to perfect. I will definitely keep you all in the loop.

How was your mother's day? Mine was great. I spent it with all the lovely ladies in my life and {hi-light} baby girl began walking and hasn't stopped since! She is so cute and daring. I'm so glad we invested on all those corner protectors months back when she began crawling.

Now, I have her first birthday to plan. I'm choosing themes and colors and party favors. the one thing I am struggling with is the cake. Does she get her own cake? Will it be just a regular plain ol' b-day cake or does it/should it be a sugar free version? These are the questions that haunt me. The one thing I know for sure is that I want it to be a small gathering. No circus people or llamas. I have a little over a month to make it happen so, I can't procrastinate on the details. It's just not my style.

So far I am finding sweet finds on Etsy. You know about Etsy, right? If not check it out Etsy.com but beware, you may never view the world the same.

I just need the cash/budget and the discipline to get functional pieces that I can keep and cherish {I've found plenty of those} Ah! I <3 Etsy!

Also, another exciting thing, at least for me,  a'happening is my room makeover! I've wanted to spruce up the boudoir for years now and I finally got my chance. I shopped at Target on-line and found everything I needed and then some. It was an easy choice since I was sent a *free shipping* special. I will be taking before and after pictures and then post them up so you can tell me what you think.

Also, it was my birthday yesterday and I spent it in doors,  a little sick but very happy. Life is about the simple things. Like soup, socks, loving company and quenching those cravings.

I got to pick the restaurant we'd celebrate my 27th birthday so,  I chose Subway. I was just really in the mood for my 6 inch tuna on what. Oh, It was heavenly! Especially since it came to me and I got to stay in my "lounging attire".

Sigh. Life is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment