Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pancupcakes for breakfast!

Saturday morning breakfast cooked by "Daddy" is a new tradition that became a tradition on its own.

My hubby can definitely cook and he has somehow taken it upon himself to, proudly, make his girls breakfast every Saturday morning, except for last Saturday when he told me he wasn't up for it. It was no big deal for me, I was already thinking up a recipe of my own.

Homemade Mamas have a great site and a recipe similar to this. They used fruit preserves instead of bananas and maple syrup. I'm guessing the possibilities are endless for this recipe. Here's the link to their recipe: Surprise Muffins!


Here's my version-

PanCupCakes


  • 2 Cups of all natural pancake mix
  • 1 Cup non-fat milk
  • Maple syrup
  • 1banana
  • 1/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup of oil
  • 1 egg {beaten}
  • Preheat your oven to 425°
  • Line or spray your cupcake/muffin tray



                             Mix pancake mix and brown sugar together. Add to it the milk, egg and oil.

Fill each cup with the mix half way

                              Add about a teaspoon of maple syrup to each cup. Aim for the center.

                              Slice your bananas and place one 1/4" slice to each cup above the syrup.

Continue filling the cup with the mix be sure to leave some room for expansion.

Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.


During this time I washed dishes, set the table, made the coffee, poured the milk and even had time to take a quick shower, come back and make scrambled eggs. :0)

The end result

Clean up was a breeze, there was plenty of food left over for Sunday morning. I hope you give this recipe a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment