Monday, January 16, 2012

Fit in your goals





It's 2012 and I am excited for the new year and for everything that is in the works. I believe in goals and I often set them for myself. I have to admit that goals are a bit harder to obtain once you're a mother but they are not impossible. Here are some of the goals that I have set my focus on for this year.

Reading the entire Bible: It's been a while since I've read through the Bible so this year I thought it would be great to start that back up. I sought out sites and Bible reading plans and feel I found the perfect plan that suits my Bible reading needs. Biblestudytools.com I chose to read the Bible chronologically (in the order the events happened) and I love it. you can choose what Bible version you prefer ei. NIV, NKJ, KJV, etc., if you'd like email notifications/reminders and the best part is you will never lose your place.

Fit in fitness:  I bought a 2 lb box of See's nuts and chews in the Christmas holiday and ended up with more than 2 lb of weight added to my physique. It's ok though cause I'm alive and well and knew that I could easily rid myself of the extra pounds. I've been using TurboJam
for about 5 years and I love it. It's a series of workout DVD's compiled of dance, kick boxing and cardio. If you like punching and kicking this is the workout for you.

I've also incorporated Shakeology (the #1 natural, post workout and meal replacement  shake out there) into my diet. I use it once a day for lunch. So far, less than a month later, I'm down 3 lb. :0)



Organized:  I'm getting rid of all the clothes and stuff I keep holding on to. Why? Cause I have no more space or desire to hang on to stuff. I had a one-on-one with myself and sked myself "why I hold on to things" and discovered it's because I get emotionally attached to them and/or they remind me of a "when" and "who". There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that (unless you have hoarding issues) but I know that they could be put to better use in someone else's hands. Someone who needs them.

These are just some of the goals I've set out to reach this year. I have plenty of mommy ones and plan to write about those in a different post.




No comments:

Post a Comment