Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aloha!

Aloha!

I have finally returned from my blogging hiatus with officially one year of blogging under my belt. The only reason this is a big deal is because I was never sure if I could keep it up. Yay, me!

I can tell you vacationing in Hawaii was amazing. I truly believe this time around was the most fun I've ever had. I'm sure it has something to do with seeing baby girl's face light up at the sight of it all.

There were a couple things I couldn't live without on this trip and the first was Camilia. A homeopathic teething drop that helps soothe sore gums and even aids in the upset stomach babies sometimes get while teething. I found these while on a grocery fill up at Wholefoods. Also, I did take my Beaba. I planned to take it with us months ahead and luckily we found a carrying case for it which meant I had one less thing to stress over.

At our stay in Maui we requested a crib. I packed baby girl's bedding and bumpers. I'm sure this helped ease her into a new environment. I took her Sleep sheep, books and favorite toys as well. I even packed up her favorite bath toys. Believe it or not, I did not over pack and we had plenty of room for gifts and such.

We also requested a high chair because we planned on making most of our breakfasts for the week.  Let me back up by saying we stood at one of my in-law's studio time share. Doing so helped us plan meals and even wash out clothes! I'm telling you this was such a great little set up... I miss it.

I somehow convinced my hubby to take us to a Luau. We went to the one at the Westin Hotel a few blocks from where we were staying. I heard that this Luau is very touristy and non traditional but, I didn't care because I wanted to see the Chief play with fire!

Another surprise was that the baby did better than I on the flight. I got the most sea-sick and the most claustrophobic I have ever gotten in my life. On the flight there I could have sworn I was breathing in my neighbor's stinky breath. Although I never upchucked, I did give them my strongest 'unamused' look. On our flight home my AMAZING in-laws got me some Dramamine  and I fought hard to stay awake but, once I was sure our girl was comfortable and happy I conked out!

Imagine the night we got home. Hawaii is 3 hours behind California and we got home closer to 10 pm, which means us parents clocked out at 2 am and baby girl just a couple hours before. The following morning was also weird but, by Monday we were adjusted.

My first week back home from vacation hasn't been as hard as I expected {even though baby girl got sick}. Yes, I miss Hawaii, duh, but, there something soothing about being home and knowing we have so many wonderful memories to share and also so many to look forward to.

                                              First day at the beach. Not sure she likes it yet
                                                                Us girls stick together
                                       Relieved she found her binkie while admiring the ocean
                                                       After the Luau.. she was half asleep

Daddy and her singing in the pool :0)
                                                       The view from our room. Sigh <3

No comments:

Post a Comment